Do your kids miss their friends? Hanging out with them & enjoying the movie nights together but you are not able to arrange a meet-up for them or throw a party because of the SOPs and you have to maintain social distance.
But technology has made it possible to stay in contact with your friends even though there was a pandemic and even now when you are staying in your home and trying to follow SOPs. Unfortunately, you and your kids can not go to a party.
But you and your kids can talk and play with all your friends without being near them and now you can even have a Netflix party together, staying in your own home.
Yes, you have heard it right, you can have a Netflix party with your friends while staying at home. Netflix makes it possible to watch a show or movie on multiple screens at the same time. You can even do this if your friend is not in the same place as you are.
To have an amazing party, you should make sure to have everyone watch the same thing at the same time. One Teleparty can hold up to 1000 people and that’s a lot. Be careful when you organize it and take pictures. You can talk with someone who is anywhere in the world with a TV show or film.
The only issue you can face is geo-restriction on some of the content. This means it can be possible that which TV show and movie you and your friends decided to watch might not be available in some of your friends’ regions.
But you don’t get sad because we have a solution for you and the solution is Virtual Private Network (VPN). VPN can be used to bypass the geo-restrictions, you or your friend must be facing. It can easily unblock the blocked content and give you access to Netflix full libraries with a VPN anywhere in the world
What is a Netflix Party?
It’s a new way to watch Netflix with your friends and it must be a new thing for your kids too. Your kids can keep watching your show and still talk to your friends. It is free and you need the Chrome browser.
Before Party things to do!
Before you start a Netflix party, you need to prepare. For example, make sure that kids have enough food and drink. You should also make sure everyone has their own TV, phone or tablet and for more
Decide who has the power to rewind and fast forward. The person who is hosting should be one and have control during the party so there is no chaos during the watch party. But if he lets other people have it, then you might get too many breaks when someone runs out of popcorn.
Netflix chat allows you to set rules for group chat. You can make things more interesting by giving everyone different user icons or by giving cute nicknames to all of them. Make it fun!
So kids can enjoy it. You can also share GIFs, emojis, and even screenshots to express yourself in the chat. This will make them enjoy themselves more and they won’t feel bored as they are not together in person.
How to Set up for Netflix Party
To set up Netflix Party for your kids follow the steps mentioned below:
- Download the Netflix Party from Google Chrome.
- Access Netflix on Chrome.
- Search for the movie you want to stream
- Click the red NP button.
- Click on “Only I have control”.
- Click on “Start the party”
- Take the URL and tell it to your friends.
Safety Tips for Netflix Watch Party for Kids
- You need to set restrictions for what your kids can watch on Netflix.
- You might want to be at the party for the first few minutes. If you are not there, people will have to figure out what they are doing.
- It is important for your child to know everyone at the party. It is also important that they know the rules of what the host family can do when watching television.
- There is also a chat option. Young kids may need your help with this feature. Make sure to keep the chat appropriate for everyone’s ages.
- One thing to remember is for safety reasons, even watching the shows virtually with people you know is already safe. But if someone they don’t know joins the party, they should decline their access.
- If your group is more than two people, you will need to tell one person who can control the playback. This will help to avoid too many people trying to do it at once.
- When audio chat is active, make sure every kid is using headphones to listen to the room.
- If you are having problems with Netflix, HBO Max, Amazon, Hulu, or Disney+, you will need to enable third-party cookies. Most people do not need to change this setting.
Netflix Watch Party is a freeway in which kids can spend time with their friends. It’s easy – just get the Google Chrome extension, have a Netflix membership, and your kids and their friend’s group can watch it with you.
Join us on social networks!