You first need to analyze their behavior and choices to connect with your audience better. The best way to understand your customer is to evaluate your data and use various techniques and tactics to improve your audience experience.
You need to track and analyze the traffic, bounce rates, traffic sources, session time, and other metrics to understand what attracts customers and takes them away from your website.
Tracing your weaknesses and strengths will help optimize your website and give your customers a smoother experience.
This article will explain what web analytics is in a simplified way, its importance for your business improvement, and the top web analytics tools that can be used to improve your business.
What is Web Analytics
Web Analytics collects, measures, and evaluates your website data to understand better customer behavior and user experience across your web pages.
The web analytics process involves reviewing, tracking, and reporting data by carefully analyzing various site components such as organic traffic, bot traffic, session time, conversion rate, and many more.
Businesses conduct this analysis to identify the key performance indicators that drive traffic and turn to valuable conversions to improve site experience according to customer needs.
Importance of Web Analytics
Here are the reasons why you should conduct web analytics for your business website:
- Understand your visitors: Web analytics shows essential details about your visitors, including their time spent on your website, whether new users or returning visitors and which product draws visitors’ interest.
- Analyzes conversion rates: Web analytics displays the total number of conversions, i.e., how many people signed up on your website, turned into actual customers, or filled out contact forms. Not just this detailed web analytics shows you the conversion path that shows how your users moved to your websites.
- Identify top-performing content: Web analytics makes you aware of which content on your website is attracting more customers, and you use that information to make further improvements. High-performing products and content can give you ideas for new product feature too.
- Identify and analyze referral sources: Web analytics will display the referral sources so that you are well-informed about which channels to choose for marketing. This will help you select the platform to run your ads on. This also shows which outbound links your website visitors are clicking on, which helps cross-referral opportunities.
Top 3 Web Analytics Tools
Here are the top web analytics tools to identify your web statistics and improve your site performance:
Finteza is a comprehensive web analytics tool that tracks and evaluates your traffic, sales funnels, conversions, landing pages, and marketing campaigns.
It is a real-time website monitoring tool that provides in-depth customer behavior and traffic quality analysis, bot detection, and other key metrics to improve user interface and speed up site performance.
- Finteza provides real-time statistics by identifying 12 types of bad traffic carefully.
- Due to their distributed system architecture, you can receive detailed visitor analytics with no extra site load.
- This tool uses UTM parameters to identify real-time traffic sources, detect BOT traffic to your website, and disable inefficient campaigns.
- It takes care of your marketing campaigns through bypassing adblock, managing ads on third-party websites, enabling event remarketing, and supporting ad creation on third-party resources.
- Finteza tool optimizes your sales funnel and conversion rate in just one day.
- This tool is helpful for analysts, marketers, traffic managers, arbitrage specialists, and webmasters to help in optimizing your website and maximize your ad spend.
- The pricing plan of Finteza consists of two parts, i.e., an analytical service plan and an advertising engine plan which can be used together or separately.
- Their analytical service is priced at 10 EUR per 100,000 unique visitors, and the advertising engine costs 4 EUR per 100,000 ad zone impressions.
Matomo analytics is a privacy-friendly web analytic tool that offers a full range of services to measure website traffic and analyze customer behavior.
- Matomo provides 100% data ownership and keeps your stored data safe and secured by following the strictest privacy laws like GDPR, HIPAA, CCPA, LGPD, and PECR.
- They provide more than the option to choose from more than 50+ languages.
- It provides detailed real-time reports and advertising campaign tracking.
- You can easily import historical data from other platforms like Google Analytics or WP Statistics.
- It offers heatmaps and session recordings which are included in premium paid features.
- On-premise plan of Matomo that starts free of cost and goes high based on your requirement is hosted on your servers with unlimited team members, website analysis, goals, and segments and covers all the basic features.
- Matomo’s other plan, Cloud, is hosted on their server and starts at 1690 INR with 50000 monthly hit traffic. It includes all the basic features and the price increases with the escalation in traffic numbers.
Hubspot is a leading marketing and sales analytics software for measuring the traffic, evaluating conversions, and managing leads.
It analyzes your site’s performance with your crucial website metrics and measures your website on a page-by-page basis. It is trusted by top companies Casio, Reddit, SoundCloud, Momentive, Loom, and many more.
- Hubspot gives you real-time reports of CTA views, clicks, and conversion rates of a particular web page or overall website.
- It generates detailed reports for each of your marketing channels.
- It analyzes and evaluates your website performance with metrics such as traffic sources, website session, conversion rates, and page performance by filtering your analytics by country or specific URL structure.
- Hubspot’s pricing plans are divided into five major sections, i.e., marketing, sales, customer service, CMS, and operations, and all start at $45/mo. All the plans allow storage for up to 15 million contacts and 1:1 technical support.
No matter what kind of business you own, be it small, medium, large, eCommerce, or enterprise company, web analytics can always help you improve and grow your company as it is a precise mirror of your brand’s performance.
With the help of the above-listed tools, you can automate the analytic web process for your site. Carefully choose the web analytic tool that suits your budget and provides a comprehensive, timely report of your web data.
You can use these reports to improve your user experience, meet business objectives and increase sales margin.
Join us on social media!